In light of the current public health state of emergency and the global COVID-19 pandemic, we are reminded that now more than ever it is essential to have documents in place to facilitate the management and succession of your business as well as your personal life.
Ask yourself the following questions:
1. Are you prepared if any of the managers of the business, including the owners, are away from the company for an extended period of time?
2. Has proper authority been delegated to someone to carry out any and all business matters? And is there an established chain of command?
3. Does your spouse or partner know what actions to take to continue business operations if you are not able to be in the office?
4. Has a guardian been appointed for your children in the event you and your spouse become unable to care for them?
5. Have the proper beneficiaries been designated on your assets for an easy transition if necessary?
6. Have you made your end-of-life medical wishes clear for your loved ones?
If you don’t have answers to all of those questions, we recommend you speak with one of our attorneys about putting a personal estate plan as well as a business succession plan in place that will keep all aspects of your life moving in the direction you want it to, even without your assistance. You may also have family members who need assistance in getting their business succession or personal estate plan in order.
We recognize the urgency of the current situation and are working to comply with physical distancing guidelines to keep both our staff and our valued clients as safe as possible. We are utilizing telephone and video conferences, and are working with our clients to come up with alternate meeting options. As always, the attorneys and staff at Thomas Law Group are here to assist you in reviewing your current plan or preparing new documents in order to keep your business running in all situations, as well as to protect your family no matter what might come your way. Please let us know how we can help.